Monday 22 November 2010

Rufus and the Mocking Cat

One day Rufus was curled up happily on the rug, he was day dreaming about bones and walking in the park. The sunshine came through the French windows and made a warm little patch for him to lie in. Suddenly, Rufus started. He had seen something on the other side of the glass!

What was it?!

The creature had four legs and a tail, just like Rufus. It was smaller though and had pointy ears and grey fur. "This must be a cat!" Rufus thought. "My mummy told me about cats!"

The cat (for that was what it was) looked at Rufus through the glass. It tilted it's head and said "Can you run really fast?"

"Yes I can!" Woofed Rufus proudly.

"I bet you can't catch me." Purred the cat.

"I can! I can!" Woofed Rufus. He didn't know why the cat wouldn't believe him, he could run ever so fast! Just the day before he'd run across the garden much faster than Tom.

"Come and get me then." Purred the cat.

Rufus jumped up and ran at the cat. He ran as fast as his little legs would carry him, but poor Rufus had forgotten that the door was shut! He hit the door with a big bang! "That wasn't very nice!" Rufus yelped to the cat.

The cat gave a little laugh, twitched his tail and walked away.

"One day I'll catch that Mocking Cat!" Rufus thought. Then he settled back down on the rug and day dreamed about bones.

No comments:

Post a Comment